To Protect against splashing liquids/sprays. As a part of the personal protective equipment for health care workers, to protect the facial area and associated mucous membranes (Eyes, Nose, Mouth) from splashes, sprays, spatter of body fluids.
Face Shield (PET), Forehead foam Bumber (PU Foam), Elastic with Velcro.
Face Shield is a specially designed PPE that can be used as an adjunctive PPE for protecting the facial area and associated mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth) from splashes, sprays, and spatter of body fluids. It covers the face fully from forehead to chin and also protects the face from lateral sides. Supplied in the form of assembling kit which includes the shield, forehead foam bumper, and elastic band. The simple design of the device allows easy assembly/manipulation by the user. The face shield can be used by healthcare workers, dental practitioners, veterinarians, laboratory workers, Pre-hospital emergency medical providers, paramedics, police, custodial staff dealing with spills, and contaminated waste handlers. The advantages of a face shield are it protects a larger portion of the face, less retained dermal facial heat, less claustrophobic, no impact on vocalization, can be worn over other face/eye PPE’s, does not impede facial nonverbal communication can be easily disinfected. The face shield has been designed and manufactured in accordance with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) / International Safety Equipment.
Procedure & product handling:
1. Remove face shield kit from packaging.
2. Secure the forehead foam bumper to the shield by pushing the 3 foam extensions through the respective slots.
3. Insert the elastic band provided into the end slots on the shield and secure the elastic by adhering the velcro hook to the velcro loop.
4. Place the forehead foam bumper against your forehead.
5. Secure the elastic band around the back of your head.
6. Adjust shield for comfort
7. Discard after single use.
Caution / Warning:
1. Can cause fogging, can be optically imperfect, can cause glare, suggested for single use, disinfection may be required before reusing.
2. Protects the surfaces of face only, does not cover the head completely so to be used in conjunction with other PPE.
1. Avoid contact of the contaminated device with skin and mucosa, avoid contact with eyes.
2. Avoid using the device in case of fire, as the device is not fire-proof.
3. Avoid contact of contaminated / used device with skin and mucosa. If contact of contaminated device with skin occurs immediately wash the surface of skin well with soap and water, seek medical attention.
4. If skin rash and sensitization or other allergic reaction occurs discontinue the use and seek medical attention.
Do not use the product if allergic to any of the materials used in the face shield.
Interactions With Other Materials:
No such Reactions.
No such Reactions.
Single Unit Kit
Store at a temperature between 5°C to 50°C.
Shelf life is 2 years, not affected if stored in a cool dry place.
Dispose of in accordance with local, state and
federal environmental regulations after use to prevent contamination.